Where are the real deals for Memorial Day Weekend Sales? Bob Neidt from Kiplinger asked top shopping experts. Here are their best suggestions.
3 Worst Things to Buy
- Computers: “It’s not that there aren’t good deals out there; there are. But tech deals get much better later in the summer, particularly on laptop computers because of back-to-school [sales].” Benjamin Glaser of DealNews.com.
- Backyard and Patio Items: For grills, outdoor furniture, lawn mower and sprinklers, wait until the end of summer when stores are eager to sell unsold inventory. Some experts may suggest waiting until October, but many stores will no longer have the items you want by that point. Hold off until end of summer and you will still get exactly what you are looking for at a very good price!
- Tools: Wait just two weeks and you will find the best sales on tools, right before Father’s Day (June 19th).
3 Best Things to Buy
- Mattresses: “Accept nothing less than 50% off and look for coupons that can be added to the discounted price.” Benjamin Glaser of DealNews.com.
- Spring Clothing: Take a look at the clearance rack in stores for spring clothing. Bonus: A lot of spring clothes can be worn in the summer!
- Major Appliances: “There are amazing deals Memorial Day weekend for major appliances…If your refrigerator, washer or dryer is getting old, we recommend you consider replacing it.” Howard Schaffer, general manager of Offers.com.
Enjoy the hotdogs, burgers and some great savings this weekend! Tips based on Kiplinger’s “Worst Things to Buy at Memorial Day Sales”.